I broke a tooth last week, but being new to the area, I do not have Doctor's and Dentist's in place. I asked a few friends and was recommended to a place. Gave them a call and made an appointment. I was glad to get the first appointment of the day. (no waiting) I am really impressed with the office staff. They made you feel like a friend. I had to be numbed because they had to replace the filling. She put the first shot in and my tongue was the only thing that went numb. Which is weird, because I have never had any problems before. So, I guess they have someone in the office that does a real good job, so she comes in and I get another needle punch. I HATE NEEDLES!!! It still only numbed my tongue, which now is really numb. When the dentist came back in, I could tell she was frustrated, but was still very nice. She gave me the option to try one more thing, or come back another day and try again. (NOT) So she put the needle straight into the main nerve. Boy, did that work. It numbed the whole left side of my face. From there it was easy sailing.
When I got home and was telling B, he gently reminded me of some things going on in my life. I will just mention briefly, and expand on later, but I have, for the last year, been seeing doctor's because they think I might have MS. So, of course, this makes sense if I do, because MS in a neurological disorder that damages nerve endings. So, now there is one more thing to list on my already large list of things my body has decided to not do for me.
I did not like going to the dentist before, but now I am going to hate it.
Till next time ...
Disneyland 2013
12 years ago

2 comments:
What MS!! Why are we just hearing thins now?? I hope this gets worked out. Keep me posted. Prayers will be said!!
That's wild. I've had health problems for the last 10 years and they've wondered about MS for me as well. And I had a similar experience with the dentist. I hadn't ever had a problem with my mouth going numb when they gave me the shot until about six years ago when I had a problem with my tooth that nearly required a root canal--they gave me the shot and went to work. I could tell my lip and tongue were numb, so figured my jaw must be too but when they started drilling it became clear that it wasn't! The dentist seemed surprised that I could still feel it (and as they ended up drilling clear to the nerve it got much worse), but instead of pausing and giving me another shot or something they kept on working. Ugh! Not a pleasant memory. So the next time I went to the dentist (a different dentist), I explained what had happened last time, so they really made sure it was numb. Just as you you described, the entire side of my face went numb--and stayed that way nearly all day. But much better than feeling the pain.
Anyway...makes me wonder if there was something in the walls at the LDSBC dorms.
Post a Comment